Thursday, January 29, 2009

Boice

I'm delighted to learn that Boice is to be part of this class in composition, because I think he gets to the root of any problems writers have and has strategies to patiently improve the entire process of writing. I know I am a different writer after reading his work last semester and I imagine that I will benefit from a second intense exposure. Instead of waiting until the last second for everything, I find that I have the forethought to begin to think and write about a topic without a clear view of how I'll end the piece; I'm sure that this less frantic pace can only improve the quality of my output, although I may want to write more than I need to because I have the time to do so. Waiting is an excellent quality, but I wait better if I put something in the water to contemplate--like fishing, I bait my hook with a brief start and then sit back and see what happens next. I'm forcing this a little right now, but just because I want to get something posted on this blog--so I'm really baiting the hook of this repository for my writing, then will see what shows up here during the semester.

No comments: